Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yoga


Well,
I guess most of your yoga classes have finished now but I wanted to post a little about it anyway.  I talked to some of the folks in my class and a lot of the boys seem to think the yoga was a little bit ridiculous, and a little painful.  Well, yoga is actually on of my hobbies.  I do it almost every day and think its a really great form of exercise.  It takes a lot of strength, flexibility, agility, and concentration, all of which I think are pretty important.  It also takes practice.  A lot of practice.
Some of you probably already think it's funny that a man does yoga.  These days, in Korea, and even around the world, yoga seems to be associated with women.  It wasn't always the case, the practice was actually restricted to only men when it originally started.
Anyway, I wanted to show you a clip of a man who amazed me when I first started doing yoga.  When he came to Korea a few years ago I even had an opportunity to take a class with him and learn a few things.
Check him out:

And now, no matter what you thought of the yoga class you just had, take a look at this next guy and be happy he is not your teacher.  The poor guy wants to introduce young people to yoga but I think he probably just chases them away.  Write an interesting adjective to describe him in the comments.   The best one(s) will earn ten points.  When you write, tell me what class number you are in.  

10 comments:

  1. He is enthusiatic^^.
    class 18 Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think YOGA is a little boring... But still I think it's a goooooooood exercise for me, who is not felxible...which makes me so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is very enthusiastic and seems like he is
    a big fan of yoga.
    class 17

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really week at yoga... I don't seem too flexible enough to do it... -.- and the man seems kind of too enthusiasted in yoga. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't do that yoga....
    My body is too stiff, so I can't do that...
    He is very stange and amazing!!
    Also , he is very scary;;;;;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Such a nice thing t learn! I wish I could have the chance to learn such a thing. Thank you for informing me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. class 18 Jessie- I think he is a kind man, however, not knowing how to make children get friendly with yoga!

    ReplyDelete